Sunday, August 12, 2007

To the City

Last week I was missing Seattle and feeling a bit out of sorts; it's been over a month since I've had a place to paint. That problem will be fixed this week (thankfully), but I woke up one day and just needed to go to the city. I walked up the street, was on a train in less than 10 minutes and in NY by mid morning. I scoured galleries in Chelsea, made my way to Brooklyn and was home in time for dinner. That was the end of feeling blue. We really do live in the perfect place. Today we drove into the city with Hilary. We had breakfast in a French bistro, CD shopping at the Virgin Mega store, a picnic lunch from Dean & Deluca and laid on a blanket in Central Park. The drive on the Taconic is lush and beautiful. Not much more to say, except come visit...next year. When we have a home instead of a construction site. xo Alicia

I leave you with photos...
 
Hil actually let me take her picture! 



 Jodi in Central Park                   

Jodi's stylin' belt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im jealous,that sounds like a fun day. I wish I could have been there. I hope everything else is going good.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post - good to hear that you both are feeling at peace with such an enormous life change. The wallpaper incident is absolutely fantastic. I miss you!